Friday, May 21, 2010

Monthly Tasting Night

,Each month members of the IrishCraftBrewer forum meet up in Dublins Bull & Castle pub to sample each others home brews and to have a few beers. Last night was our May meet up and we had a great turn out. At about 7pm all of the homebrewers congregate at a few tables in the upstairs beerhall, laden with sample bottles of their lastest brew. Last night we had a great selection of beers including two weizens, four different pale ales, a wit, a bock and a number of porters and stouts. Each month we tend to get a great selection of different beer styles and it really shows the variety of beers that people are experimenting with.

The homebrewers at this meet were a selection of kit, extract and all grain brewers with varying levels of experience. It is great to be able to bring in one of your beers and get honest feedback and advice and it has really helped me to develop my brewing.

Last night the beer I brought in was my Hippity Hop Pale Ale that was brewed on the 21st of April. As you can see from my previous post I was really happy with how this turned out, but what was the concensus of my brewing peers? Overall it was very positive, a couple of guys did not like the level of bitterness (to much) but apart from that the feedback was very good. There was even one mention of the accolade 'fantastic' which was great to hear.

I am really happy with this beer and the feedback I received last night endorses that, I hope to make an all grain version of this in the coming months and it will be interesting to compare the results.

My advise for anyone out there who may be brewing in isolation, get out there and find some like minded individuals, feedback from other homebrewers will only improve your beers.

No comments: