Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Beer Review: Weissenoher Kloster-Sud

Nothing outstanding here, but a
very well balanced thirst quencher
I was attracted to this beer in the off-licence due to its bottle, however I have to say that I had never heard of the brewery, neither did I know what kind of beer I was buying. The beer is 5.4% ABV and is described as a Franconian beer. It is brewed by the Kloster Brewery (site is in German) in Germany.

It pours a lovely amber colour with a large billowy white head. It has a lovely fresh aroma, the smell is reminiscent of a pilsner in that the dominant aroma is from the noble hops. First taste and the hops dissapear and are replaced by a very malty and spicy taste profile. Light bodied and highly carbonated. Smooth mouthfeel and a very easy drinking, refreshing beer. Nothing outstanding here, but a very well balanced thirst quencher. Well worth a try.

No comments: