Monday, June 28, 2010

Beer Review: Fuller's India Pale Ale

Fuller's IPA, the perfect
summer beer
Due to the fact that I am currently reading, and enjoying, Pete Brown's Hops and Glory: One Man's Search for the Beer That Built the British Empire, I thought it would be approapriate to review an India Pale Ale. Fuller's IPA is one that I have not tried before and so when my kind wife included a few bottles of it in a selection of beer she bought me I was delighted.

The beer pours a dark golden, almost amber colour. Crystal clear with a thick white head. A very attractive looking beer in the glass. Strong hop aroma is to the fore, presumably from the Goldings. It is a very light and refreshing beer, good smooth mouthfeel and very drinkable. Highly carbonated, probably due to being bottle conditioned, however this does add to the refreshing nature of the beer.

A lovely light refreshing pale ale that puts hops to the fore, an IPA that other English breweries should certainly look up to. Highly recommended and at 5.3% will make a good summer beer for those lazy evenings.

No comments: