Thursday, March 18, 2010

St Patricks Day - First AG Brew - Part II

Managed to get great aeration on the wort as it was transferred to the fermentor*:

Was aiming for 1046 and achieved an OG of 1047, this means that the efficiency of my first All Grain brew was 78%, which I was really hapy with:

Fermentor safely tucked away in my "brew closet"with blow off tube attached:

* When I decided to make the move to all grain I was looking for a way to reduce the cost and bulk of the equipment I would need with the result that I built a mash tun that doubles as my fermentor (I will put up a post about how I did this), the idea came from an article by sbillings on the ICB website. The full article can be read

No comments: