Thursday, December 30, 2010

Decisions, decisions

Thanks to my kind wife I have a great selection of beers to choose my New Years Eve drinks from. My wife contacted Drinkstore (the local and best stocked off-licence in Dublin) and Ken from Drinkstore kindly put together a hamper of beers he thought I would like, and I have to say he got the selection spot on.

A great selection of beers were included, mainly American but also a few European beers. Lots of new beers for me to try and also some classics like Dogfish's 90 Minute IPA, which I love. Some of the breweries represented include Dogfish Head, Anderson Valley, ODells, Goose Island, Sierra Nevada, Flying Dog,  Anchor, Saranac, Williams Brothers, Brew Dog. There are some really nice Amber Ale's, one of my favourite styles, and so I may have an Amber themed New Years Eve.

Also included in the hamper was a really nice Brew Dog beer glass that I used on Christmas day. It is quite an unusual shape but is really nice to drink from and although it looks small it actially fits a 33 CL bottle.

I look forward to sampling these beers over the next month and reporting back, thanks again to my lovely wife and Ken in Drinkstore for a great selection (and the fact that he fought through blizzard-like conditions in Dublin to deliver the hamper on the 23rd!).

No comments: